Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default UBUNTU: SAUCE: IMX51: skip ATA PASS THROUGH command for USB storage disk from JMicron

I applied this in a slightly modified form as below. If you could check
it is semantically the same. I'll be posting test kernels soon.

Applied to Lucid.

-apw

Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Old 02-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Bryan Wu

Andy Whitcroft 写道:
> I applied this in a slightly modified form as below. If you could check
> it is semantically the same. I'll be posting test kernels soon.
>
> Applied to Lucid.
>
> -apw

I tested the kernel from our lucid git repo. It works fine with the JMircon USB
storage disk. But we finally find this is not a specific fsl-imx51 issue. It is
a Lucid issue.

I tried the JMircon USB disk on my Lucid laptop. It does not work at all as well
as my Babbage board. But this USB disk works on fine on Karmic Laptop and Karmic
Babbage board.

I also tried Karmic .31 kernel on my Lucid Babbage board. So I suspect some user
space applications changes introduced a regression.

Please see the bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/515023

Cheers,
--
Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@canonical.com>
Kernel Developer +86.138-1617-6545 Mobile