FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Kernel Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Andy Whitcroft
 
Default Enable Intel MCE memory error reporting

There is a new driver upstream enabling newer processor support for
reporting memory bank errors. This is a handy RAS feature. This patch set
backports this feature to the 2.6.32 kernel for Lucid.

-apw

Andi Kleen (2):
x86, mce: Xeon75xx specific interface to get corrected memory error
information
x86, mce: Make xeon75xx memory driver dependent on PCI

Andy Whitcroft (1):
UBUNTU: [Config] enable CONFIG_X86_MCE_XEON75XX

H. Peter Anvin (1):
x86, mce: Rename cpu_specific_poll to mce_cpu_specific_poll

arch/x86/Kconfig | 8 +
arch/x86/include/asm/mce.h | 2 +
arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/Makefile | 1 +
arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce-internal.h | 1 +
arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce-xeon75xx.c | 427 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce.c | 12 +
arch/x86/kernel/e820.c | 3 +-
debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu | 1 +
8 files changed, 454 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce-xeon75xx.c


--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Amit Kucheria
 
Default Enable Intel MCE memory error reporting

On 10 Feb 10, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> There is a new driver upstream enabling newer processor support for
> reporting memory bank errors. This is a handy RAS feature. This patch set
> backports this feature to the 2.6.32 kernel for Lucid.
>
> -apw

These patches presumably require an updated version of the mcelog userspace
tool that Andi maintains? Should we update that from his git repo[1]?

Regards,
Amit

[1] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/cpu/mce/mcelog.git

> Andi Kleen (2):
> x86, mce: Xeon75xx specific interface to get corrected memory error
> information
> x86, mce: Make xeon75xx memory driver dependent on PCI
>
> Andy Whitcroft (1):
> UBUNTU: [Config] enable CONFIG_X86_MCE_XEON75XX
>
> H. Peter Anvin (1):
> x86, mce: Rename cpu_specific_poll to mce_cpu_specific_poll
>
> arch/x86/Kconfig | 8 +
> arch/x86/include/asm/mce.h | 2 +
> arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/Makefile | 1 +
> arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce-internal.h | 1 +
> arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce-xeon75xx.c | 427 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce.c | 12 +
> arch/x86/kernel/e820.c | 3 +-
> debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu | 1 +
> 8 files changed, 454 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
> create mode 100644 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce-xeon75xx.c
>
>
> --
> kernel-team mailing list
> kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Amit Kucheria, Kernel Engineer || amit.kucheria@canonical.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Andy Whitcroft
 
Default Enable Intel MCE memory error reporting

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:17:26PM +0200, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> On 10 Feb 10, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> > There is a new driver upstream enabling newer processor support for
> > reporting memory bank errors. This is a handy RAS feature. This patch set
> > backports this feature to the 2.6.32 kernel for Lucid.
> >
> > -apw
>
> These patches presumably require an updated version of the mcelog userspace
> tool that Andi maintains? Should we update that from his git repo[1]?

There is some mention of that in the original request. I believe a task
is open for that.

-apw

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Andy Whitcroft
 
Default Enable Intel MCE memory error reporting

Applied to Lucid.

-apw

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:15 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org