Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Ike Panhc

Default Please remove ubuntu/lenovo-sl-laptop

Hi Andy,

The hotkey enable patch for Lenovo SL patch has been pulled to
Lucid kernel - commit 32d54acc78b7aa58eaa5d809767bd962b216c01f

This patch makes driver in ubuntu/lenovo-sl-laptop redundant.
Please remove everything in ubuntu/lenovo-sl-laptop and its
config at debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 04:58:29PM +0800, Ike Panhc wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> The hotkey enable patch for Lenovo SL patch has been pulled to
> Lucid kernel - commit 32d54acc78b7aa58eaa5d809767bd962b216c01f
>
> This patch makes driver in ubuntu/lenovo-sl-laptop redundant.
> Please remove everything in ubuntu/lenovo-sl-laptop and its
> config at debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu.

I note that the stable commit you mention pulls in key support but in
its comments it mentions that fan control is not yet done. Looking at
the code you want removed it seems that that driver does handle fans.
Are we comfortable losing that?

-apw

Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Ike Panhc

Hi Andy,

There are several function which has not been enabled within
the commit:

- Fan speed readout and control: Fan speed will control
automatically when CPU is too hot. Lower or speed up Fan manually
is meanless.
- Rfkill by ACPI - The wifi chip is ath5k and the driver has
supported rfkill function. And I believe user shall be satisfied
with hardware RF switch rather then software rfkill.
- LenovoCare LED - The LED is not used to indicate any event.

--
Ike Panhc