Old 01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Default Recommended Buglist from the QA Team

Hi All,

Here is this week's list of bug candidates to be fixed in the
development kernel:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/hardy-buglist.html

The list is a bit longer this week since it's actually covering two
weeks worth (because of the holiday break). Also, getting the Alpha2
kernel out the door before the break had more precedence, so not as many
bugs on the list were resolved. As a result, there are a few more bugs
being carried forward from the previous week.

Thanks,
Leann

Old 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi All,

Here is this week's list of bug candidates to be fixed in the
development kernel:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/hardy-buglist.html

Everyone did an awesome job last week tackling the list. I think only 2
out of ~20 went unaddressed. This week's list is a bit shorter than
normal. However, there are still a few bugs under the "Carried Forward"
section which could be looked at.

Also, from conversations on #kernel last week, I've started to assign
bugs to specific members of the kernel team and marked them as "In
Progress" per the kernel team bug policy. Obviously, if you are unable
to work on the bug please feel free to remove yourself as the assignee
and reassign back to the kernel-team. Also, be sure to also drop the
status from "In Progress" back to "Triaged".

Thanks!

Leann

Old 01-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi All,

The list of bug candidates to be fixed in the development kernel has
been updated for this week:

Old 02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi All,

Here is the list of kernel bug candidates for the week. It's a little
longer than normal but some should be fairly easy to fix.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi All,

Here is the list of kernel bug candidates for the week:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/hardy-buglist.html

You guys did a great job of tackling the extra long list last week.
Over half of the bugs were marked as Fix Committed, Fix Released, or In
Progress. Even though the carried forward section is growing a bit
large, it looks like 1/3 of the bugs are already being addressed by a
member of the kernel team which is good.

Thanks,
Leann

Old 05-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi All,

I figured it's about that time to start doing the recommended buglist
from the QA team for Intrepid. I've gone ahead and moved any open bugs
from the existing hardy buglist to the new intrepid buglist. I figured
it's better to have them all on one list rather than make you keep track
of 2 separate lists. The reason I wanted to get this out now is that
there are a few bugs which look like they may be resolved for Intrepid
but could also be 8.04.1 candidates. There are also a few noted
regressions from the 2.6.24-17 proposed kernel that you'll probably want
to take a look at.

http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/intrepid-buglist.html

Thanks,
Leann

Old 05-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know I've updated the weekly buglist. I tried to only
add a small number of new bugs as you guys seem quite busy with 8.04.1
Hardy bugs already.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi All,

I took a break from sending out the weekly buglist due to the fact that
most of the team was traveling to and attending FOSSCamp/UDS. However,
it's about that time to start back up again. I've updated the list. It
is a bit longer than usual since we skipped a few weeks. I'll monitor
the progress made on the list and determine if new bugs should be added
next week or if we should just carry this list for 2 weeks.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi All,

Based on some requests I received from the team last week I've cleaned
up the Intrepid bug list as follows:

* Removed any bugs from the intrepid-buglist [1] that were already
reflected on the kernel-sru list [2].
* For any bug in the carried forward section not specifically
assigned to a team member, and if it hasn't been tested with the
upcoming Intrepid kernel, I've temporarily removed it from the
bug list. I'll follow up with these bugs to request the
appropriate testing and re-add them to the bug list if the issue
still exists. I'll also likely go through the bugs which are
specifically assigned to a team member and see if I can update
any of those as well.
* Updated the current week's bug section to only reflect those
bugs which have tested the Intrepid kernel or have been noted to
be re-addressed for Intrepid.

On a side note, I'll be away for 2 weeks beginning this Friday so the
weekly bug list will likely take another small break. I'll try to
resume things back up again the first week in July.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/intrepid-buglist.html
[2] http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/kernel-sru.html

Old 07-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I've updated the Intrepid kernel bug list.
I'll start updating this on a weekly basis again and send out
announcements.