Old 01-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Peter Jones

Default Make multipath use system tools to bring up and tear down the device.

This patchset makes multipath use system tools to bring up and tear down
the device. This fixes many bugzillas, including (but probably not
limited to):

496097 Anaconda (Install) doesn't use multipath tools information
during install with option "mpath"
533360 3ware raid (and others) falsely detected as multipath

And very likely others that bugzilla search is being bad at listing.

TODO:
- lvm config modification to fix up "preferred_names"
- kickstart naming of mpaths
- dracut initrd regeneration since we still don't have rpm ordering for this.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Peter Jones

This is what's left of the changes (after many revisions) to make multipath
use system tools.

Of course, this bit still applies:
TODO:
- kickstart naming of mpaths
- dracut initrd regeneration since we still don't have rpm ordering for this.

This one, however, is getting fixed in the lvm tools instead:
- lvm config modification to fix up "preferred_names"