Old 01-15-2010, 04:12 PM
"Luis R. Rodriguez"

Default ath3k bluetooth driver

The Atheros AR30xx USB bluetooth driver is now on linux-next but
likely won't make it in for 2.6.33-rcX and only will be merged as of
2.6.34. We'll see. Anyway for those on older kernels you can snatch it
from here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/ath3k.git

The firmware is part of the linux-firmware git tree but can also be
obtained from the above. Any chance this can be included as part of
Lucid?

Luis

Old 01-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Tim Gardner

Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> The Atheros AR30xx USB bluetooth driver is now on linux-next but
> likely won't make it in for 2.6.33-rcX and only will be merged as of
> 2.6.34. We'll see. Anyway for those on older kernels you can snatch it
> from here:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/ath3k.git
>
> The firmware is part of the linux-firmware git tree but can also be
> obtained from the above. Any chance this can be included as part of
> Lucid?
>
> Luis

Luis - won't it eventually show up in the 2.6.34 compat-wireless
tarball? We'll likely package that for Lucid as an LBM driver.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 01-20-2010, 12:06 AM
"Luis R. Rodriguez"

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com> wrote:
> Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> The Atheros AR30xx USB bluetooth driver is now on linux-next but
>> likely won't make it in for 2.6.33-rcX and only will be merged as of
>> 2.6.34. We'll see. Anyway for those on older kernels you can snatch it
>> from here:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/ath3k.git
>>
>> The firmware is part of the linux-firmware git tree but can also be
>> obtained from the above. Any chance this can be included as part of
>> Lucid?
>>
>> *Luis
>>

> Luis - won't it eventually show up in the 2.6.34 compat-wireless tarball?

Yes indeed.

> We'll likely package that for Lucid as an LBM driver.

Oh OK great, I was unaware you'd guys would allow LBM to move to
compat-wireless-2.6.34 and figured you might just stick to
compat-wireless-2.6.33 releases.

I have yet to try to get ath3k merged to 2.6.33-rcx, its small enough
I hope no one would bitch.

Luis