Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Bryan Wu

Default fsl-imx51 kernel status

Hi folks,

With Amit's help, I updated our karmic kernel to include the latest
2.6.31 kernel fsl-imx51 BSP patches. Then cross built them on my server
and tested it on my babbage 2.5 board. It works on my side.

Please find my git branch here:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=roc/ubuntu-karmic.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fsl-imx51
I bumped ABI, but still need to skipmodule to workaround the missing
modules error.

And my kernel packages is here:
http://people.canonical.com/~roc/kernel/karmic_fsl-bsp/

I will upload the Lucid kernel for testing later.

Thanks,
-Bryan

Old 01-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Stefan Bader

Bryan Wu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> With Amit's help, I updated our karmic kernel to include the latest
> 2.6.31 kernel fsl-imx51 BSP patches. Then cross built them on my server
> and tested it on my babbage 2.5 board. It works on my side.
>
> Please find my git branch here:
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=roc/ubuntu-karmic.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fsl-imx51
> I bumped ABI, but still need to skipmodule to workaround the missing
> modules error.
>
> And my kernel packages is here:
> http://people.canonical.com/~roc/kernel/karmic_fsl-bsp/
>
> I will upload the Lucid kernel for testing later.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bryan

Bryan,

have a look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelMaintenance#Module%20lists to find out
how to get around the skipmodule issue. And if it does not help, the document
needs improvement. ;-)

-Stefan

Old 01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Bryan Wu

Hi folks,

I updated our Lucid kernel to include the latest 2.6.31 kernel fsl-imx51 BSP patches. Then cross built them on my server and tested it on my babbage 2.5 board. Ogra helped to test the kernel on his board.

Please find my git branch here:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=roc/ubuntu-lucid.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fsl-imx51
I bumped ABI, but still need to skipmodule to workaround the missing
modules error.

And my kernel packages is here:
http://people.canonical.com/~roc/kernel/lucid_fsl-bsp/

Thanks,