Old 12-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Michael Frey

Default SRU: Support for additional Ericsson MBM PID's

SRU Justification:

Impact: cdc_ether.c does not support all Ericsson MBM modem ID's. Would
be supported modems are grayed out and not accessible.
Specifically the referenced bug:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/billerica-samos/+bug/476071

Fix: The attached patch is a back-port of the upstream git commit:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=3a19d56c71bd3a08412d609d219 ac8eec0819166

Testcase: After attached patch referenced 3G modem works properly.

Michael Frey

Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Tim Gardner

Michael Frey wrote:
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact: cdc_ether.c does not support all Ericsson MBM modem ID's. Would
> be supported modems are grayed out and not accessible.
> Specifically the referenced bug:
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/billerica-samos/+bug/476071
>
> Fix: The attached patch is a back-port of the upstream git commit:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=3a19d56c71bd3a08412d609d219 ac8eec0819166
>

> Testcase: After attached patch referenced 3G modem works properly.
>

> Michael Frey

ACK

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Stefan Bader

I have picked and applied the upstream patch. Upstream stable is about to close
with 2.6.31.12. So this cannot come in via upstream. Lucid includes this patch.

-Stefan

Acked-by: Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>

Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Michael Frey

On 01/18/2010 08:45 AM, Stefan Bader wrote:
> I have picked and applied the upstream patch. Upstream stable is about to close
> with 2.6.31.12. So this cannot come in via upstream. Lucid includes this patch.
>
> -Stefan
>
> Michael Frey wrote:
>
>> SRU Justification:
>>
>> Impact: cdc_ether.c does not support all Ericsson MBM modem ID's. Would
>> be supported modems are grayed out and not accessible.
>> Specifically the referenced bug:
>> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/billerica-samos/+bug/476071
>>
>> Fix: The attached patch is a back-port of the upstream git commit:
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=3a19d56c71bd3a08412d609d219 ac8eec0819166
>>

>> Testcase: After attached patch referenced 3G modem works properly.
>>

>> Michael Frey
>>

> Acked-by: Stefan Bader<stefan.bader@canonical.com>

Which Karmic kernel is this in exactly? 2.6.31-18.55 that is in proposed?

Thanks,
Michael

Old 01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Tony Espy

Michael Frey wrote:
> On 01/18/2010 08:45 AM, Stefan Bader wrote:
>> I have picked and applied the upstream patch. Upstream stable is about to close
>> with 2.6.31.12. So this cannot come in via upstream. Lucid includes this patch.
>>
>> -Stefan
>>
>> Michael Frey wrote:
>>
>>> SRU Justification:
>>>
>>> Impact: cdc_ether.c does not support all Ericsson MBM modem ID's. Would
>>> be supported modems are grayed out and not accessible.
>>> Specifically the referenced bug:
>>> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/billerica-samos/+bug/476071
>>>
>>> Fix: The attached patch is a back-port of the upstream git commit:
>>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=3a19d56c71bd3a08412d609d219 ac8eec0819166
>>>

>>> Testcase: After attached patch referenced 3G modem works properly.
>>>

>>> Michael Frey
>>>

>> Acked-by: Stefan Bader<stefan.bader@canonical.com>
>>

> Which Karmic kernel is this in exactly? 2.6.31-18.55 that is in proposed?

Michael --

[APPLIED] means that the commit has landed in the ubuntu-karmic.git
tree. 2.6.31-18.55 was tagged and pushed to proposed 12 days ago:

> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-karmic.git;a=summary

In theory, this commit will land in the next kernel to be pushed to
-proposed.

Ciao,
/tony