Old 12-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Eric Miao

Default SRU: arm: fix singal restart when Old EABI enabled

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Stefan Bader
<stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
> Eric Miao wrote:
>> Stefan,
>>
>> This patch is verified to fix bug #453682 for Karmic on dove, although not yet
>> hit -stable.
>
> It also does not have hit upstream as well. While for arm I think we could
> go ahead of stable, I would prefer to have it upstream, so I can add that
> commit id as reference.

Actually it has been upstreamed, but is a slightly different version than
this one, as this is cherry-picked from marvell's dove-kernel tree directly.
We can instead cherry-pick the following one if preferred:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ab72b00734ae4d0b5ff273a0f6c7abe aa3713c76

Old 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Stefan Bader

Eric Miao wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Stefan Bader
> <stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
>> Eric Miao wrote:
>>> Stefan,
>>>
>>> This patch is verified to fix bug #453682 for Karmic on dove, although not yet
>>> hit -stable.
>> It also does not have hit upstream as well. While for arm I think we could
>> go ahead of stable, I would prefer to have it upstream, so I can add that
>> commit id as reference.
>>

> Actually it has been upstreamed, but is a slightly different version than
> this one, as this is cherry-picked from marvell's dove-kernel tree directly.
> We can instead cherry-pick the following one if preferred:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ab72b00734ae4d0b5ff273a0f6c7abe aa3713c76

Yes, if that is working the same, I'd prefer the upstream version. It probably
does not matter that much in the arm branch, but generally I think it is better
to stay close to upstream. I see it will need a bit of modification to apply
cleanly but the resulting patch I might ask for inclusion in 2.6.31.y as long
as that is still open.

-Stefan

Old 12-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Eric Miao

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Stefan Bader
<stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
> Eric Miao wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Stefan Bader
>> <stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:

>>> It also does not have hit upstream as well. While for arm I think we could
>>> go ahead of stable, I would prefer to have it upstream, so I can add that
>>> commit id as reference.
>>>

>> Actually it has been upstreamed, but is a slightly different version than
>> this one, as this is cherry-picked from marvell's dove-kernel tree directly.
>> We can instead cherry-pick the following one if preferred:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ab72b00734ae4d0b5ff273a0f6c7abe aa3713c76
>
> Yes, if that is working the same, I'd prefer the upstream version. It probably
> does not matter that much in the arm branch, but generally I think it is better
> to stay close to upstream. I see it will need a bit of modification to apply
> cleanly but the resulting patch I might ask for inclusion in 2.6.31.y as long
> as that is still open.

OK, will ping Russell on forward that to -stable and this can be automatically
dropped after later sync with -stable.

Stefan,

Is it possible you cherry-pick that commit directly into 'mvl-dove' branch or
I can prepare a git pull request for you tomorrow.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Stefan Bader

Eric Miao wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Stefan Bader
> <stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
>> Eric Miao wrote:

>>> Actually it has been upstreamed, but is a slightly different version than
>>> this one, as this is cherry-picked from marvell's dove-kernel tree directly.
>>> We can instead cherry-pick the following one if preferred:
>>>
>>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ab72b00734ae4d0b5ff273a0f6c7abe aa3713c76
>> Yes, if that is working the same, I'd prefer the upstream version. It probably
>> does not matter that much in the arm branch, but generally I think it is better
>> to stay close to upstream. I see it will need a bit of modification to apply
>> cleanly but the resulting patch I might ask for inclusion in 2.6.31.y as long
>> as that is still open.
>>

> OK, will ping Russell on forward that to -stable and this can be automatically
> dropped after later sync with -stable.
>
> Stefan,
>
> Is it possible you cherry-pick that commit directly into 'mvl-dove' branch or
> I can prepare a git pull request for you tomorrow.

Yes, will do so tomorrow.

-Stefan