Old 12-10-2009, 11:46 AM
AceLan Kao

Default backlight failed after suspend to ram on IBM X40

Dear Stefan,
My mistake, I re-attach the file.Indeed, the patch is cherry-picked from the upstream kernel, and it's hash value is*0eb96d6ed38430b72897adde58f5477a6b71757a

Best regards,AceLan Kao.

2009/12/10 Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>

AceLan Kao wrote:

> Hi,

> SRU Justification:

> IMPACT: Turns out some machines, like the ThinkPad X40 don't come back if

> you don't save/restore this register.

> FIX: The patch save and restore one more value of the register while

> suspending and resuming.

> TEST: User on the launchpad acked the patch works for him.

> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/acelan/ubuntu-karmic.git lp292256

> Best regards,

> AceLan Kao.

Looks, like you accidentally picked the swapfile. Beside of that, is that

patch new and if so has it been sent to upstream CC: stable@kernel.org?

-Stefan

--
Chia-Lin Kao(AceLan)