Old 12-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Daniel Chen

Default UBUNTU: SAUCE: Increase the default prealloc buffer for HDA audio devices (non-modem)

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Brad Figg <brad.figg@canonical.com> wrote:
> This allows for buffering of up to 4 seconds of audio. This is
> intended to improve the audio experience. This patch is being
> carried by Fedora but is not upstream.

FWIW, it has been carried in Fedora since 11 but appears to have been
backported to 10 as well. No one has complained about eaten kittens,
yet.

I've been testing since Jaunty via /etc/rc.local, and the hand-wavy
"it seems to smooth audio a bit on my NVidia controller" applies.

-Dan