Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default UBUNTU: Added omnibook module to support Toshiba (HP) netbooks

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 09:44:38PM -0600, Manoj Iyer wrote:

> Added omnibook module to ubuntu/ tree, this module enables bluetooth,
> backlight, etc for HP & Toshiba laptops/netbooks. I did submit this in
> karmic, but it was late in the cycle, we could take a look at this module
> more closely for Lucid. This module is not upstream, and I believe it is
> currently in the linux-next tree. Not attaching the patch to save you from
> having to read a really long mail.

Ok, last cycle we rejected this as it was presented so late in the cycle.
That was based on the sheer size and scale of the machines potentially
affected, around 150 if memory serves. That said, it seems worth the
risk at this point in the cycle so I have pulled this in and it should
be in the first upload after Alpha-1.

We will need to ensure we get good testing on this, perhaps a call for
testing is in order. I am assuming you will be keeping an eye out for
bugs triggered by this change.

-apw