Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
David Lehman

Default Hide devices with certain formatting in the main partitioning UI.

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 11:47 -0500, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > We don't want to show biosraid, multipath, &c disks in the GUI.
> > ---
> > iw/partition_gui.py | 3 +++
> > storage/formats/__init__.py | 6 ++++++
> > storage/formats/disklabel.py | 1 +
> > storage/formats/dmraid.py | 1 +
> > storage/formats/multipath.py | 1 +
> > 5 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
>
> This introduces a tie between the formats and the UI, which up to now we
> didn't really have (well, formats have names but I think that's
> excusable). Are you okay with that, or is there some way to synthesize
> this information in the UI entirely?

I'm okay with it. What I really hate is having a list of "hidden"
formats (or similar) in the UI code. Plus in the next patch set I'll
actually be using the "hidden" attribute as a barrier to disklabel
handling in the devicetree. Not that that's the best justification...

Dave