Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Andy Whitcroft

Default ARM thumb kernels -- investigation

One of the actions at UDS for ARM was to investigate switching to thumb
mode for the kernel to reduce kernel code size. I have looked at doing
this for the current Lucid ARM branches. In summary it does not appear
to be possible without significant engineering effort. My summary
appears here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/Thumb2#The%20Kernel

-apw