Old 11-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default New kernel 2.6.32-3.3 uploaded (ABI bump)

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:54:26AM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Andy Whitcroft <apw@canonical.com> wrote:
> >> Now that the compilers are working again (yay!) a new Lucid kernel has
> >> been uploaded. *This rebases the Ubuntu kernel to 2.6.32-rc6. *Note the
> >> ABI bump.
> >>
> >> https://www.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/2.6.32-3.3
> >
> > Very nice Andy
> >
> > If you are like me and just need to test 2.6.32-rc6 on an x86 box here
> > is the one deb file you'll need:
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/2.6.32-3.3/+build/1339939/+files/linux-image-2.6.32-3-386_2.6.32-3.3_i386.deb
>
> BTW how long does it take the build machine to build this?

About 4 hours to build x86. The others are quicker as there are fewer
flavours.

> And is do you guys lurk on an IRC channel?

We are normally around on freenode #ubuntu-kernel.

-apw

Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 08:14:41AM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The pine trail has some oops at early boot [1] for which I was unable
> > to get the full trace and only the end of the trace. If its not a
> > config issue on this kernel (I'm building my own now) then at least I
> > should be able to bisect as 2.6.31 does work on it.
> >
> > [1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/11/10/510
>
> Just wanted to note that pulling Linus' latest master branch in fixed
> this issue.

Well have a 2.6.32-rc7 based kernel shortly. Hopefully the fix will be
in there.

-apw

Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 PM
"Luis R. Rodriguez"

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Andy Whitcroft <apw@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 08:14:41AM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The pine trail has some oops at early boot [1] for which I was unable
>> > to get the full trace and only the end of the trace. If its not a
>> > config issue on this kernel (I'm building my own now) then at least I
>> > should be able to bisect as 2.6.31 does work on it.
>> >
>> > [1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/11/10/510
>>
>> Just wanted to note that pulling Linus' latest master branch in fixed
>> this issue.
>
> Well have a 2.6.32-rc7 based kernel shortly. *Hopefully the fix will be
> in there.

Indeed, its fixed with that mainline build deb package.

Luis