Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
"Luis R. Rodriguez"

Default post apt install process -- picks up new kernel?

I noticed on the 9.10 install that there is a post-apt install
process, and after bootup the latest linux-image was already up to
date. Did it update through the post-apt install process during the
install? If so -- nice. It means to me that we can ensure users get
driver fixes as they install if they go through that last process.

Granted, I gave up on the language pack install as my corp network is
slow but it seems to have at least picked up a new kernel.

Luis