-   -   SRU: AppArmor fixes (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/277618-sru-apparmor-fixes.html)

John Johansen 11-09-2009 07:41 PM

SRU: AppArmor fixes

The following changes since commit 18fec74a0b2d08ddfe424cf9376a4f09fff9d2ee:
Leann Ogasawara (1):
UBUNTU: [Config] Move position of CONFIG_LIRC_ENE0100 for ports configs

are available in the git repository at:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/jj/apparmor-karmic.git master

John Johansen (4):
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops after profile removal
UBUNTU: SAUCE: Fix Oops when in apparmor_bprm_set_creds
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix cap audit_caching preemption disabling
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix refcounting bug causing leak of creds

ubuntu/apparmor/capability.c | 1 +
ubuntu/apparmor/domain.c | 5 +++--
ubuntu/apparmor/policy.c | 2 +-

Stefan Bader 11-09-2009 07:55 PM

SRU: AppArmor fixes

John Johansen wrote:
> The following changes since commit 18fec74a0b2d08ddfe424cf9376a4f09fff9d2ee:
> Leann Ogasawara (1):
> UBUNTU: [Config] Move position of CONFIG_LIRC_ENE0100 for ports configs
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/jj/apparmor-karmic.git master
>
> John Johansen (4):
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops after profile removal
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: Fix Oops when in apparmor_bprm_set_creds
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix cap audit_caching preemption disabling
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix refcounting bug causing leak of creds

I'd like to see a bit more of a SRU justification on each bug. The first two are likely
obvious but still, the SRU team should be able to get an overview of why they should
approve this. So what is the impact and roughly how is it fixed.

Thanks,
Stefan

John Johansen 11-10-2009 05:29 PM

SRU: AppArmor fixes

The following changes since commit 18fec74a0b2d08ddfe424cf9376a4f09fff9d2ee:
Leann Ogasawara (1):
UBUNTU: [Config] Move position of CONFIG_LIRC_ENE0100 for ports configs

are available in the git repository at:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/jj/apparmor-karmic.git master

John Johansen (5):
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops after profile removal
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix Oops when in apparmor_bprm_set_creds
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix cap audit_caching preemption disabling
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix refcounting bug causing leak of creds
UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops there is no tracer and doing unsafe transition.

ubuntu/apparmor/capability.c | 1 +
ubuntu/apparmor/domain.c | 9 +++++++--
ubuntu/apparmor/policy.c | 2 +-

Tim Gardner 11-10-2009 07:23 PM

SRU: AppArmor fixes

John Johansen wrote:
> The following changes since commit 18fec74a0b2d08ddfe424cf9376a4f09fff9d2ee:
> Leann Ogasawara (1):
> UBUNTU: [Config] Move position of CONFIG_LIRC_ENE0100 for ports configs
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/jj/apparmor-karmic.git master
>
> John Johansen (5):
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops after profile removal
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix Oops when in apparmor_bprm_set_creds
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix cap audit_caching preemption disabling
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix refcounting bug causing leak of creds
> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops there is no tracer and doing unsafe transition.
>
> ubuntu/apparmor/capability.c | 1 +
> ubuntu/apparmor/domain.c | 9 +++++++--
> ubuntu/apparmor/policy.c | 2 +-

I believe what Stefan was referring to when he mentioned requiring a
more thorough SRU explanation for these patches was the SRU
justification in the LP bug. The SRU review team do not necessarily look
at the commit message, so placing the SRU justification therein is
superfluous.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for more details.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Stefan Bader 11-10-2009 09:44 PM

SRU: AppArmor fixes

Tim Gardner wrote:
> John Johansen wrote:
>> The following changes since commit 18fec74a0b2d08ddfe424cf9376a4f09fff9d2ee:
>> Leann Ogasawara (1):
>> UBUNTU: [Config] Move position of CONFIG_LIRC_ENE0100 for ports configs
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/jj/apparmor-karmic.git master
>>
>> John Johansen (5):
>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops after profile removal
>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix Oops when in apparmor_bprm_set_creds
>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix cap audit_caching preemption disabling
>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix refcounting bug causing leak of creds
>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops there is no tracer and doing unsafe transition.
>>
>> ubuntu/apparmor/capability.c | 1 +
>> ubuntu/apparmor/domain.c | 9 +++++++--
>> ubuntu/apparmor/policy.c | 2 +-
>> 3 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>

> I believe what Stefan was referring to when he mentioned requiring a
> more thorough SRU explanation for these patches was the SRU
> justification in the LP bug. The SRU review team do not necessarily look
> at the commit message, so placing the SRU justification therein is
> superfluous.
>
> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for more details.
>
> rtg

Sort of my fault. I was not specific enough. I asked for it in the mail but
sort of was meaning the 0/x introduction part (so a quick reviewer here on
the list does not need to check the bug reports).
The commit message itself should not contain it. In this case it might just
be an addition to it in the mails sent. Any way I would sort it out before
applying and this is more for future reference.

-Stefan

John Johansen 11-10-2009 11:18 PM

SRU: AppArmor fixes

Stefan Bader wrote:
> Tim Gardner wrote:
>> John Johansen wrote:
>>> The following changes since commit 18fec74a0b2d08ddfe424cf9376a4f09fff9d2ee:
>>> Leann Ogasawara (1):
>>> UBUNTU: [Config] Move position of CONFIG_LIRC_ENE0100 for ports configs
>>>
>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>
>>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/jj/apparmor-karmic.git master
>>>
>>> John Johansen (5):
>>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops after profile removal
>>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix Oops when in apparmor_bprm_set_creds
>>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix cap audit_caching preemption disabling
>>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix refcounting bug causing leak of creds
>>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: AppArmor: Fix oops there is no tracer and doing unsafe transition.
>>>
>>> ubuntu/apparmor/capability.c | 1 +
>>> ubuntu/apparmor/domain.c | 9 +++++++--
>>> ubuntu/apparmor/policy.c | 2 +-
>>> 3 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>>

>> I believe what Stefan was referring to when he mentioned requiring a
>> more thorough SRU explanation for these patches was the SRU
>> justification in the LP bug. The SRU review team do not necessarily look
>> at the commit message, so placing the SRU justification therein is
>> superfluous.
>>
>> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for more details.
>>
>> rtg
>
> Sort of my fault. I was not specific enough. I asked for it in the mail but
> sort of was meaning the 0/x introduction part (so a quick reviewer here on
> the list does not need to check the bug reports).
> The commit message itself should not contain it. In this case it might just
> be an addition to it in the mails sent. Any way I would sort it out before
> applying and this is more for future reference.

eh, no my fault for being to dense to stick in the right mail, or come back and ask about it. I can resend with things in the correct place if you want.

john

Stefan Bader 11-11-2009 12:38 PM

SRU: AppArmor fixes

John Johansen wrote:
> Stefan Bader wrote:
>> Tim Gardner wrote:

>>> I believe what Stefan was referring to when he mentioned requiring a
>>> more thorough SRU explanation for these patches was the SRU
>>> justification in the LP bug. The SRU review team do not necessarily look
>>> at the commit message, so placing the SRU justification therein is
>>> superfluous.
>>>
>>> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for more details.
>>>
>>> rtg
>> Sort of my fault. I was not specific enough. I asked for it in the mail but
>> sort of was meaning the 0/x introduction part (so a quick reviewer here on
>> the list does not need to check the bug reports).
>> The commit message itself should not contain it. In this case it might just
>> be an addition to it in the mails sent. Any way I would sort it out before
>> applying and this is more for future reference.
>>
> eh, no my fault for being to dense to stick in the right mail, or come back and ask about it. I can resend with things in the correct place if you want.
>
> john

Nah, too much effort now.

Stefan