Old 10-30-2009, 07:07 PM
"Pedro A. Garcia Sanchez"

Default UBUNTU: Sony laptop: Sony Vaio laptops do not enable wwan power by default.

Dear Tim,
I am using xubuntu 9.10 on a vaio p. I have tried to use the wwan that
comes with the vaio, but it seems that I can only use it after a warm
boot from windows 7. I would like to get rid of the win7 partition, and
I wonder if there is a way to wake up the option modem with a cold boot
in ubuntu.

Thank you in advance,
Pedro
--
Pedro A. Garcia Sanchez www.ugr.es/~pedro
Dpto. de Algebra - Universidad de Granada