Old 10-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Tetsuo Handa

Default Download link redirected to wrong file

Hello.

Can somebody fix the download link which I reported at https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+question/86016 ?
It is not yet fixed in https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/2.6.24-25.63 .

(I reported as a question since I couldn't reach a page for creating a new bug entry...)

Regards.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Stefan Bader

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Can somebody fix the download link which I reported at https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+question/86016 ?
> It is not yet fixed in https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/2.6.24-25.63 .
>
> (I reported as a question since I couldn't reach a page for creating a new bug entry...)
>
> Regards.

Thank you for bringing this issue up here.
Not really sure what is going wrong here. Hardy was released with version 2.6.24-16.30 which
is based on linux-2.6.24.2 and the orig.tar.gz which is in the pool [1] does match this and
the checksum shown on launchpad [2]. However the file you get when selecting the link from
launchpad gives you the linux-2.6.24 version which is older, while still displaying the md5
from the new (correct) tar file.
Colin, do you have an idea, what might be gone wrong here?

-Stefan

[1] http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux/linux_2.6.24.orig.tar.gz
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/2.6.24-24.61