-   -   LP#295091 -- do not create sysfs links for down CPUs (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/269754-lp-295091-do-not-create-sysfs-links-down-cpus.html)

Andy Whitcroft 03-25-2009 10:33 AM

LP#295091 -- do not create sysfs links for down CPUs

The commit below introduces new sysfs links for hot-plugable cpus.
However these are created for each ACPI listed cpu regardless of whether
they were actually sucessfully started. In Hardy we have another but
#213011 where for some AMDx2 processors the second cpu will not start.
These two in combination lead to a panic on boot when we try to create
these sysfs links.

commit c1d87cd9e086138b3d2326b75ae6d4d000d7c041