Old 03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
TJ

Default Update to Squash version 3.4?

Watching the ubuntu-server list I saw an exchange about squashfs export
being disabled and therefore not available for NFS.

Phillip Lougher reported it is due to Intrepid and now Jaunty being
based on an old version of Squash (v3.3 - supports up to v2.5.24)
instead of version 3.4 (released 26th August 2008) which supports
v2.6.25 and later.

I wonder if this is something we should be investigating?

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002705.html

Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Tim Gardner

TJ wrote:
> Watching the ubuntu-server list I saw an exchange about squashfs export
> being disabled and therefore not available for NFS.
>
> Phillip Lougher reported it is due to Intrepid and now Jaunty being
> based on an old version of Squash (v3.3 - supports up to v2.5.24)
> instead of version 3.4 (released 26th August 2008) which supports
> v2.6.25 and later.
>
> I wonder if this is something we should be investigating?
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002705.html

At this late stage in the Jaunty release cycle I'm quite reluctant to
make a change of that magnitude. We will, however, get it for free in
Karmic since squashfs is now upstream.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com