Old 03-23-2009, 02:54 PM
TJ

Default UBUNTU: SAUCE: PM: Increase TEST_SUSPEND_SECONDS to avoidfalse kernel oops on resume

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 09:51 -0500, Mario_Limonciello@Dell.com wrote:
> Matter of fact the change for the 5 seconds for sata links has landed
> upstream now:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commi
> t;h=e7d3ef13d52a126438f687a1a32da65ff926ed57

Looking at this I think we'd be better off doing a cherry-pick of
e7d3ef13d52a126438f687a1a32da65ff926ed57 and setting
TEST_SUSPEND_SECONDS to 10.

That would mean the SATA link timeouts wouldn't show up and the upstream
patch deals with the situation Stefan and Andy talked of: SATA links
getting stuck in soft/hard reset delays.

10 seconds for 'everything else' would make sense in the context of the
other reasons for longer resume times - mostly a by-product of more than
the average number of devices to resume.