Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Karl Relton

Default Can we upgrade staging/at76_usb

As per comments in

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/152626

the code in Jaunty for staging/at76_usb seems to be a snapshot of
upstream circa 2.6.29-rc4, which has bugs.

To use this driver (rather than ubuntu/misc/wireless/at76_usb which is
old and doesn't work for people) we should either sync to upstream
2.6.28.8 or sync to upstream 2.6.29-rc8. I've tested the latter on my
system, and it works okay with my at76c503 based card.

Regards
Karl

Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Tim Gardner

Karl Relton wrote:
> As per comments in
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/152626
>
> the code in Jaunty for staging/at76_usb seems to be a snapshot of
> upstream circa 2.6.29-rc4, which has bugs.
>
> To use this driver (rather than ubuntu/misc/wireless/at76_usb which is
> old and doesn't work for people) we should either sync to upstream
> 2.6.28.8 or sync to upstream 2.6.29-rc8. I've tested the latter on my
> system, and it works okay with my at76c503 based card.
>
> Regards
> Karl

Try one of the kernels in
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~rtg/2.6.28-11.38ubuntu-lp152626

I've replaced at76_usb with the current upstream staging version.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Tim Gardner

Tim Gardner wrote:
> Karl Relton wrote:
>> As per comments in
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/152626
>>
>> the code in Jaunty for staging/at76_usb seems to be a snapshot of
>> upstream circa 2.6.29-rc4, which has bugs.
>>
>> To use this driver (rather than ubuntu/misc/wireless/at76_usb which is
>> old and doesn't work for people) we should either sync to upstream
>> 2.6.28.8 or sync to upstream 2.6.29-rc8. I've tested the latter on my
>> system, and it works okay with my at76c503 based card.
>>
>> Regards
>> Karl
>>

> Try one of the kernels in
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~rtg/2.6.28-11.38ubuntu-lp152626
>
> I've replaced at76_usb with the current upstream staging version.
>
> rtg

Applied

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22/+bug/152626/comments/34

--