Old 02-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Martin Olsson

Default Apport fails to submit kernel crashes due to missing hostname in URL

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> That's a known issue with, I think all, apport bugs right now. It's an apport
> problem, not a kernel problem. You can put http://bugs.launchpad.net in
> yourself and it'll work just fine.

Thanks for the info Mackenize. Do you have the bug number as well?
I would not find it by searching for "apport hostname" in LP unfortunately,
and also I can't find it on the jaunty bug list:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+bugs

In general, I wish Ubuntu had a special mailing list
where wide impact bugs like this one was announced.
Would save a lot of time for a lot of people I suspect.

Another bug that could/should have been announced somehow is
the fact that all SDL based apps and games are broken right now.

Again, thanks for the info. And sorry for the off-topic thread,
I thought it was an issue with the kerneloops reporting only.

Martin

Old 02-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Martin Olsson

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> That's a known issue with, I think all, apport bugs right now. It's an apport
> problem, not a kernel problem. You can put http://bugs.launchpad.net in
> yourself and it'll work just fine.

Actually I tried it with a normal user space app now and apport worked fine.
Maybe you were thinking about this (nowadays fixed) apport bug from january:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/apport/+bug/314212

I think there is a new apport issue affecting only the kernel. Maybe it
only repros if the new kerneloops package is installed because my problems
started pretty much right away after I installed that package.

Martin