Old 02-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Tim Abbott

Default kernel package ignores warn_reboot in /etc/kernel-img.conf

Hello,

There's a minor bug in the Ubuntu Linux kernel package that I'd like to
see fixed.

The linux-image package's postinst scripts are intended to support
deciding whether or not to warn the user to reboot when a new kernel is
installed by setting the $warn_reboot option in /etc/kernel-img.conf.
Unfortunately, this option isn't getting checked properly. I've provided
a simple patch in the following Launchpad bug:

It would be great if you could consider applying this one-line patch to
fix this bug in future Ubuntu kernel releases. Thanks,

-Tim Abbott