Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Tim Gardner

Default Pulling another change into intrepid

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Tim:
>
> I've been watching some drive by bug reports that pass by and realized that this
> quirk is applicable to much older hardware. If there is another kernel that
> will be entering intrepid at some point with upstream 2.6.27.x stable changes,
> can you try to get this added too?
>
> I saw it mentioned in the 2.6.28 changelogs.
>
> * Input: atkbd - broaden the Dell DMI signatures
> - LP: #261721 <https://edge.launchpad.net/bugs/261721>
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Mario Limonciello
> *Dell | Linux Engineering*
> mario_limonciello@dell.com

Its now on Stefan's todo list.
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Stefan Bader

Tim Gardner wrote:
> Mario Limonciello wrote:
>> Tim:
>>
>> I've been watching some drive by bug reports that pass by and realized that this
>> quirk is applicable to much older hardware. If there is another kernel that
>> will be entering intrepid at some point with upstream 2.6.27.x stable changes,
>> can you try to get this added too?
>>
>> I saw it mentioned in the 2.6.28 changelogs.
>>
>> * Input: atkbd - broaden the Dell DMI signatures
>> - LP: #261721 <https://edge.launchpad.net/bugs/261721>
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Mario Limonciello
>> *Dell | Linux Engineering*
>> mario_limonciello@dell.com
>
> Its now on Stefan's todo list.

For Intrepid this actually come in with 2.6.27.15

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-intrepid.git;a=commitdiff;h=0cbc5c9e5316272fed9625 81104bdb8debdc9251

Question: should this also be done for Hardy?

Stefan

--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 PM

This shouldn't be needed for hardy, the regression started to show up in
Intrepid. Good to see it's already coming in stable updates.