Old 02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Stefan Bader

Default SRU: update to 2.6.27.15

SRU justification:

Impact: Several upstream stable patches to fix problems and get into sync with
upstream.

Fix (1 ABI bumper):
* [cifs: make sure we allocate enough storage for socket address](1)
* ixgb: fix bug when freeing resources
* m68knommu: set NO_DMA
* sata_mv: fix 8-port timeouts on 508x/6081 chips
* x86: use early clobbers in usercopy*.c
* Add enable_ms to jsm driver
* fbdev/atyfb: Fix DSP config on some PowerMacs & PowerBooks
* Fix memory corruption in console selection
* Input: atkbd - broaden the Dell DMI signatures
* Input: atkbd - Samsung NC10 key repeat fix
* net: fix packet socket delivery in rx irq handler
* nfsd: Ensure nfsv4 calls the underlying filesystem on LOCKT
* nfsd: only set file_lock.fl_lmops in nfsd4_lockt if a stateowner is found
* PCI: irq and pci_ids patch for Intel Tigerpoint DeviceIDs
* sata_nv: rename nv_nf2_hardreset()
* sata_nv: fix MCP5x reset
* sata_nv: ck804 has borked hardreset too
* [USB: isp1760: Fix probe in PCI glue code](1)
* x86: fix page attribute corruption with cpa()
* cpuidle: update the last_state acpi cpuidle reflecting actual state entered
* cpuidle: upon BIOS bug, default to default_idle rather than polling
* cpuidle: use last_state which can reflect the actual state entered
* cpuidle: Add decaying history logic to menu idle predictor
* ACPI: Avoid array address overflow when _CST MWAIT hint bits are set
* [ACPI: Attach the ACPI device to the ACPI handle as early as possible](2)
* ACPICA: Fixed a couple memory leaks associated with "implicit return"
* ACPICA: Add check for invalid handle in acpi_get_object_info
** ACPI: Change acpi_evaluate_integer to support 64-bit on 32-bit kernels(3)
* ACPI: Fix compiler warnings introduced by 32 to 64 bit acpi conversions
* ACPI EC: Fix regression due to use of uninitialized variable
* ACPICA: Fix wrong resource descriptor length for 64-bit build
* asus-laptop: Add support for P30/P35
* asus-laptop: Fix the led behavior with value > 1
* video: always update the brightness when poking "brightness"
* don't load asus-acpi if model is not supported
* Newly inserted battery might differ from one just removed, so update of
battery info fields is required.
* ACPI: Do not modify SCI_EN directly
* ACPI suspend: Blacklist HP xw4600 Workstation for old code ordering
* dlm: initialize file_lock struct in GETLK before copying conflicting lock
* sata_mv: Fix chip type for Hightpoint RocketRaid 1740/1742
* ACPICA: Allow multiple backslash prefix in namepaths
* Linux 2.6.27.15

(1) These patches have been found as regressions in Ubuntu and reported back to
upstream
(2) Already applied through another bug fix
(3) Bumps the ABI
--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Tim Gardner

Stefan Bader wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/328652
>
> SRU justification:
>
> Impact: Several upstream stable patches to fix problems and get into sync with
> upstream.
>
> Fix (1 ABI bumper):
> * [cifs: make sure we allocate enough storage for socket address](1)
> * ixgb: fix bug when freeing resources
> * m68knommu: set NO_DMA
> * sata_mv: fix 8-port timeouts on 508x/6081 chips
> * x86: use early clobbers in usercopy*.c
> * Add enable_ms to jsm driver
> * fbdev/atyfb: Fix DSP config on some PowerMacs & PowerBooks
> * Fix memory corruption in console selection
> * Input: atkbd - broaden the Dell DMI signatures
> * Input: atkbd - Samsung NC10 key repeat fix
> * net: fix packet socket delivery in rx irq handler
> * nfsd: Ensure nfsv4 calls the underlying filesystem on LOCKT
> * nfsd: only set file_lock.fl_lmops in nfsd4_lockt if a stateowner is found
> * PCI: irq and pci_ids patch for Intel Tigerpoint DeviceIDs
> * sata_nv: rename nv_nf2_hardreset()
> * sata_nv: fix MCP5x reset
> * sata_nv: ck804 has borked hardreset too
> * [USB: isp1760: Fix probe in PCI glue code](1)
> * x86: fix page attribute corruption with cpa()
> * cpuidle: update the last_state acpi cpuidle reflecting actual state entered
> * cpuidle: upon BIOS bug, default to default_idle rather than polling
> * cpuidle: use last_state which can reflect the actual state entered
> * cpuidle: Add decaying history logic to menu idle predictor
> * ACPI: Avoid array address overflow when _CST MWAIT hint bits are set
> * [ACPI: Attach the ACPI device to the ACPI handle as early as possible](2)
> * ACPICA: Fixed a couple memory leaks associated with "implicit return"
> * ACPICA: Add check for invalid handle in acpi_get_object_info
> ** ACPI: Change acpi_evaluate_integer to support 64-bit on 32-bit kernels(3)
> * ACPI: Fix compiler warnings introduced by 32 to 64 bit acpi conversions
> * ACPI EC: Fix regression due to use of uninitialized variable
> * ACPICA: Fix wrong resource descriptor length for 64-bit build
> * asus-laptop: Add support for P30/P35
> * asus-laptop: Fix the led behavior with value > 1
> * video: always update the brightness when poking "brightness"
> * don't load asus-acpi if model is not supported
> * Newly inserted battery might differ from one just removed, so update of
> battery info fields is required.
> * ACPI: Do not modify SCI_EN directly
> * ACPI suspend: Blacklist HP xw4600 Workstation for old code ordering
> * dlm: initialize file_lock struct in GETLK before copying conflicting lock
> * sata_mv: Fix chip type for Hightpoint RocketRaid 1740/1742
> * ACPICA: Allow multiple backslash prefix in namepaths
> * Linux 2.6.27.15
>
> (1) These patches have been found as regressions in Ubuntu and reported back to
> upstream
> (2) Already applied through another bug fix
> (3) Bumps the ABI

ACK

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com