Old 02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
TJ

Default Jaunty kernel version?

I'm seeing a lot of speculation and questions regarding which kernel
version Jaunty will ship with - specifically regarding moving to 2.6.29
in time for release.

I've been unable to find any quasi-official statement on the issue to
refer people to on the kernel team wiki, mailing list, meeting reports
or elsewhere.

Could we get something announced?

I've added an agenda item to the kernel team meetings wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting

TJ.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Tim Gardner

TJ wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of speculation and questions regarding which kernel
> version Jaunty will ship with - specifically regarding moving to 2.6.29
> in time for release.
>
> I've been unable to find any quasi-official statement on the issue to
> refer people to on the kernel team wiki, mailing list, meeting reports
> or elsewhere.
>
> Could we get something announced?
>
> I've added an agenda item to the kernel team meetings wiki:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting
>
> TJ.

Jaunty will absolutely, positively, and without a doubt, release with a
2.6.28 kernel. Is that clear enough to dispel all rumors?

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Pete Graner

TJ wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of speculation and questions regarding which kernel
> version Jaunty will ship with - specifically regarding moving to 2.6.29
> in time for release.
>
> I've been unable to find any quasi-official statement on the issue to
> refer people to on the kernel team wiki, mailing list, meeting reports
> or elsewhere.
>
> Could we get something announced?
>
> I've added an agenda item to the kernel team meetings wiki:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting
>
> TJ.

I will be with out a doubt 2.6.28

~pete