Old 02-09-2009, 05:50 AM
"Michael F. Rimbert"

Default Request for Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 firmware inclusion in linux-firmware package

Kernel Team,

As described in
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1800,
firmware for the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 tuner card can be found
here: http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr1800/. There are two files that
should be placed in /lib/firmware: v4l-cx23885-avcore-01.fw and
v4l-cx23885-enc.fw.

The latest version of linux-firmware (1.5) in jaunty does not yet
include this firmware. Please add this firmware to the package.

This request was also made in bug 321076:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-firmware/+bug/321076

Thank you,
Mike
--
mrimbert@ubuntu.com

Old 02-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Mario Limonciello

Hi guys:

As it turns out, the cx23885 actually internally has a cx25840 on it.* The firmware for the cx23885 is a variation of the firmware normally used on the standalone cx25840, likely a newer version.

So this being said, IANAL, but the standalone cx25840's firmware is already included with the IVTV firmware pack, and this would likely fall under the same license as that piece of firmware.

Regards

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:02, Pete Graner <pgraner@canonical.com> wrote:

Michael F. Rimbert wrote:

> Kernel Team,

> As described in

> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1800,

> firmware for the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 tuner card can be found

> here: http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr1800/. *There are two files that

> should be placed in /lib/firmware: v4l-cx23885-avcore-01.fw and

> v4l-cx23885-enc.fw.

> The latest version of linux-firmware (1.5) in jaunty does not yet

> include this firmware. *Please add this firmware to the package.

> This request was also made in bug 321076:

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-firmware/+bug/321076

> Thank you,

> Mike

> --

> mrimbert@ubuntu.com

Can you point me to the license for the firmware, I don't see it in the

windows driver and can't find it on the Hauppauge site or on linuxtv.org

Thanks

~pete

--

Pete Graner * * * * * * <pgraner@canonical.com>