Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Luke Yelavich

Default Ports kernel 2.6.28 ready.

Hi all
Just writing to let you know that I have finally got a 2.6.28 based ports kernel tree ready for upload. I have successfully built it on i386 (the 386 flavour is still used by a few people), and powerpc. I have also closed a few bugs filed against ports with this upload.

This kernel is source identicle to 2.6.28-7.19 for jaunty mainline, with the exception of the different configs/packaging metadata for ports architectures of course. In addition, the ubuntu subdirectory has not yet been patched in, so those drivers are not built, however this can easily be addressed in another upload. I have added scripts based on the rebase/retag scripts for the lpia kernel, for easier maintenance in the future.

I am happy and ready to upload, however I'm happy for any of the kernel team to look it over, should they wish to do so, and also don't mind if someone from the kernel team would rather upload it themselves.

The git tree for the ports kernel can be found at git://kernel.ubuntu.com/themuso/ubuntu-jaunty-ports.git

Hope your sprint was productive.

Luke

Old 02-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Andy Whitcroft

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 12:26:24AM +0100, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Hi all
> Just writing to let you know that I have finally got a 2.6.28 based ports kernel tree ready for upload. I have successfully built it on i386 (the 386 flavour is still used by a few people), and powerpc. I have also closed a few bugs filed against ports with this upload.
>
> This kernel is source identicle to 2.6.28-7.19 for jaunty mainline, with the exception of the different configs/packaging metadata for ports architectures of course. In addition, the ubuntu subdirectory has not yet been patched in, so those drivers are not built, however this can easily be addressed in another upload. I have added scripts based on the rebase/retag scripts for the lpia kernel, for easier maintenance in the future.
>
> I am happy and ready to upload, however I'm happy for any of the kernel team to look it over, should they wish to do so, and also don't mind if someone from the kernel team would rather upload it themselves.
>
> The git tree for the ports kernel can be found at git://kernel.ubuntu.com/themuso/ubuntu-jaunty-ports.git
>
> Hope your sprint was productive.

That looks pretty sane to me. There are zero patches which is nice.
Looking at the minor deltas in the rebase scripts I think we probablly
clean things up better there and perhaps even get that to zero. Will
look at it soon.

-apw