Old 01-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default LP#269831 switch toshiba support from tlsup to toshiba_acpi

During the release of Intrepid we moved from using the toshiba_acpi driver
to using the tlsup driver to support Toshiba laptops. This was to try and
leverage the builtin drivers. This triggered regressions particularly
in bluetooth support for that release. For Intrepid we switched back
to the version used on Hardy. There is some work going on on tlsup but
it does not appear to be going to make it for Jaunty. Therefore this
patch set brings an updated version the toshiba_acpi driver for Jaunty,
preventing a re-regression there.

Our delta from mainline actually consists of two patches. An update to
the latest development version of the toshiba_acpi driver and an update
bringing acpi hotkey support via a kernel thread. I have updated the
former to the latest published version and forward ported the latter.
For this set I have retained these changes as two patches to simplify
any further rebases.

For Jaunty.

-apw

Andy Whitcroft (3):
UBUNTU: SAUCE: toshiba_acpi -- pull in current -dev version of driver
UBUNTU: SAUCE: toshiba_acpi -- add acpi hotkey kernel thread
UBUNTU: move toshiba laptops back from tlsup to toshiba_acpi

debian/abi/2.6.28-6.16/modules.ignore | 1 +
debian/config/amd64/config | 4 +-
debian/config/i386/config | 4 +-
drivers/acpi/toshiba_acpi.c | 409 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
create mode 100644 debian/abi/2.6.28-6.16/modules.ignore