Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Timo Aaltonen

Default ports kernels lagging behind

Hi

Are there plans to update the kernels for the ports architectures?
libdrm-dev expects linux-libc-dev to include the drm headers, so it's
breaking some builds ATM. For short term it might Depend on l-l-d only on
[amd64 i386], but for long term (before jaunty is out) the kernels really
should be updated..

Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Stefan Bader

Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Are there plans to update the kernels for the ports architectures?
> libdrm-dev expects linux-libc-dev to include the drm headers, so it's
> breaking some builds ATM. For short term it might Depend on l-l-d only on
> [amd64 i386], but for long term (before jaunty is out) the kernels really
> should be updated..

Yes, I was planning to get it at least to the level NCommander has backported.
Unfortunately it always gets delayed by other stuff.

Stefan

--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Luke Yelavich

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 07:12:39PM EST, Stefan Bader wrote:
> Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Are there plans to update the kernels for the ports architectures?
> > libdrm-dev expects linux-libc-dev to include the drm headers, so it's
> > breaking some builds ATM. For short term it might Depend on l-l-d only on
> > [amd64 i386], but for long term (before jaunty is out) the kernels really
> > should be updated..

> Yes, I was planning to get it at least to the level NCommander has backported.
> Unfortunately it always gets delayed by other stuff.

I am currently working on getting ports to 2.6.28 in my own time, and setting it up using a rebase script similar to how the lpia kernel is maintained. Once I have the initial rebase done, rebasing
ports should be easier. I hoep to have a git tree up in the comnig days.

Luke

Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Timo Aaltonen

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Luke Yelavich wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 07:12:39PM EST, Stefan Bader wrote:
>> Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Are there plans to update the kernels for the ports architectures?
>>> libdrm-dev expects linux-libc-dev to include the drm headers, so it's
>>> breaking some builds ATM. For short term it might Depend on l-l-d only on
>>> [amd64 i386], but for long term (before jaunty is out) the kernels really
>>> should be updated..

>> Yes, I was planning to get it at least to the level NCommander has backported.
>> Unfortunately it always gets delayed by other stuff.
>
> I am currently working on getting ports to 2.6.28 in my own time, and setting it up using a rebase script similar to how the lpia kernel is maintained. Once I have the initial rebase done, rebasing
> ports should be easier. I hoep to have a git tree up in the comnig days.

Excellent, thank you both.