Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Amit Kucheria

Default Allow cross-compilation by using ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE variables

This patch should allow us to cross-compile ARMel (and other
architectures) if the cross-compiler is setup on the dev-box.

Instructions to setup the ARMel cross-compilers are here ->
http://idlethread.blogspot.com/2009/01/recipe-of-day-cross-compiling-armel.html

I'll wikify it after all the kinks have been ironed out.

Regards,
Amit

Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Amit Kucheria

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Amit Kucheria <amit@canonical.com> wrote:
> This patch should allow us to cross-compile ARMel (and other
> architectures) if the cross-compiler is setup on the dev-box.
>
> Instructions to setup the ARMel cross-compilers are here ->
> http://idlethread.blogspot.com/2009/01/recipe-of-day-cross-compiling-armel.html
>
> I'll wikify it after all the kinks have been ironed out.

Nack for this patch. It is totally unnecessary. I misunderstood how
the the variables were passed from enviroment by debuild. Thanks Loic.

You should be able to simply setup the toolchain and use something like:

debuild -eCROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
--prepend-path=$HOME/work/toolchains/arm-2008q3/bin -b -aarmel