Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Ante Karamatic

Default LP#74179 -- support for i386 machines with >3GB RAM

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:38:46 -0700
Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com> wrote:

> My goal is to actually reduce the i386 flavours for Jaunty+1 to just
> generic. Hardy should be the last LTS that supports a 32 bit server.

Could you, please, discuss this with server team? For sure, there are
32bit (non-free) applications which now run on Ubuntu. Removing 32bit
server kernel (yes, I'm aware one could use 'generic' kernel) will
remove Ubuntu from some data centers.

Anyway, please, discuss this with server team. Thank you.