Old 01-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Stefan Bader

Default SRU Update to 2.6.27.12

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/321472

Note: contains two ABI bumpers:
* iwlwifi: use GFP_KERNEL to allocate Rx SKB memory
* fs: symlink write_begin allocation context fix

The second patch cannot be modified to avoid the ABI bump. Since the ABI has to
be changed, I re-applied the following patch from the 2.6.27.10 update:
* iwlagn: fix RX skb alignment

SRU justification:

Impact: Many bug fixes imported from upstream stable tree (2.6.27.12)

Fix:
* Linux 2.6.27.12
* PCI PM: Split PCI Express port suspend-resume
* PCI: handle PCI state saving with interrupts disabled
* PCI: Suspend and resume PCI Express ports with interrupts disabled
* PCI: Rework default handling of suspend and resume
* x86: fix RIP printout in early_idt_handler
* x86, cpa: dont use large pages for kernel identity mapping with DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
* x86: avoid theoretical vmalloc fault loop
* USB: storage: recognizing and enabling Nokia 5200 cell phoes
* USB: storage: extend unusual range for 067b:3507
* USB: another unusual_devs entry for another bad Argosy storage device
* powerpc: Disable Collaborative Memory Manager for kdump
* nfs: remove redundant tests on reading new pages
* mvsas: increase port type detection delay to suit Seagate's 10k6 drive
ST3450856SS 0003
* mm lockless pagecache barrier fix
* mm: fix assertion
* ibmvfc: Improve async event handling
* ibmvfc: Delay NPIV login retry and add retries
* fs: symlink write_begin allocation context fix
* fix switch_names() breakage in short-to-short case
* eCryptfs: check readlink result was not an error before using it
* e1000e: fix IPMI traffic
* s390 specific system call wrappers
* System call wrappers part 33
* System call wrappers part 32
* System call wrappers part 31
* System call wrappers part 30
* System call wrappers part 29
* System call wrappers part 28
* System call wrappers part 27
* System call wrappers part 26
* System call wrappers part 25
* System call wrappers part 24
* System call wrappers part 23
* System call wrappers part 22
* System call wrappers part 21
* System call wrappers part 20
* System call wrappers part 19
* System call wrappers part 18
* System call wrappers part 17
* System call wrappers part 16
* System call wrappers part 15
* System call wrappers part 14
* System call wrappers part 13
* System call wrappers part 12
* System call wrappers part 11
* System call wrappers part 10
* System call wrappers part 09
* System call wrappers part 08
* System call wrappers part 07
* System call wrappers part 06
* System call wrappers part 05
* System call wrappers part 04
* System call wrappers part 03
* System call wrappers part 02
* System call wrappers part 01
* System call wrapper special cases
* s390: enable system call wrappers
* powerpc: Enable syscall wrappers for 64-bit
* System call wrapper infrastructure
* Make sys_syslog a conditional system call
* Make sys_pselect7 static
* Remove __attribute__((weak)) from sys_pipe/sys_pipe2
* Rename old_readdir to sys_old_readdir
* Convert all system calls to return a long
* Move compat system call declarations to compat header file
* inotify: fix type errors in interfaces
* x86, UV: remove erroneous BAU initialization
* x86: fix incorrect __read_mostly on _boot_cpu_pda
* x86: default to SWIOTLB=y on x86_64
* USB: unusual_devs.h additions for Pentax K10D
* USB: isp1760: use a specific PLX bridge instead of any bdridge
* USB: emi26: fix oops on load
* SCSI: eata: fix the data buffer accessors conversion regression
* SCSI: aha152x_cs: Fix regression that keeps driver from using shared interrupts
* sched_clock: prevent scd->clock from moving backwards, take #2
* minix: fix add link's wrong position calculation
* md: fix bitmap-on-external-file bug.
* iwlwifi: use GFP_KERNEL to allocate Rx SKB memory
* ioat: fix self test for multi-channel case
* dm raid1: fix error count
* dm log: fix dm_io_client leak on error paths
* devices cgroup: allow mkfifo
* cgroups: fix a race between cgroup_clone and umount
* ALSA: hda - Add quirk for HP6730B laptop
* ALSA: caiaq - Fix Oops with MIDI
--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Tim Gardner

Stefan Bader wrote:
> [...]
> * x86: fix incorrect __read_mostly on _boot_cpu_pda
> * x86: default to SWIOTLB=y on x86_64
> * USB: unusual_devs.h additions for Pentax K10D
> * USB: isp1760: use a specific PLX bridge instead of any bdridge
> * USB: emi26: fix oops on load
> * SCSI: eata: fix the data buffer accessors conversion regression
> * SCSI: aha152x_cs: Fix regression that keeps driver from using shared interrupts
> * sched_clock: prevent scd->clock from moving backwards, take #2
> * minix: fix add link's wrong position calculation
> * md: fix bitmap-on-external-file bug.
> * iwlwifi: use GFP_KERNEL to allocate Rx SKB memory
> * ioat: fix self test for multi-channel case
> * dm raid1: fix error count
> * dm log: fix dm_io_client leak on error paths
> * devices cgroup: allow mkfifo
> * cgroups: fix a race between cgroup_clone and umount
> * ALSA: hda - Add quirk for HP6730B laptop

ACK

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Stefan Bader

Stefan Bader wrote:
> [...]
> * x86: fix incorrect __read_mostly on _boot_cpu_pda
> * x86: default to SWIOTLB=y on x86_64
> * USB: unusual_devs.h additions for Pentax K10D
> * USB: isp1760: use a specific PLX bridge instead of any bdridge
> * USB: emi26: fix oops on load
> * SCSI: eata: fix the data buffer accessors conversion regression
> * SCSI: aha152x_cs: Fix regression that keeps driver from using shared interrupts
> * sched_clock: prevent scd->clock from moving backwards, take #2
> * minix: fix add link's wrong position calculation
> * md: fix bitmap-on-external-file bug.
> * iwlwifi: use GFP_KERNEL to allocate Rx SKB memory
> * ioat: fix self test for multi-channel case
> * dm raid1: fix error count
> * dm log: fix dm_io_client leak on error paths
> * devices cgroup: allow mkfifo
> * cgroups: fix a race between cgroup_clone and umount
> * ALSA: hda - Add quirk for HP6730B laptop

Applied and pushed

--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!