Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Default aufs2-base1-2.6.27.tar.bz2

Hello,

In the last UDS, we have discussed about putting AUFS into linux kernel
staging tree (or mainline). I have developed a new simplified version,
named aufs2-base1.

I already recevied a few requests from AUFS users. Additionally I found
a few bugs which were born through my "simplfy" work. And I already
started updating.
The updated version aufs2-base2 will be released in a few weeks, and I
hope that I could post the complete first simplified version
(aufs2-baseX-2.6.28 ?) to LKML in next month.
The base2 or base3 version will be based upon linux-2.6.28, while base1
is based 2.6.27.

This mail may be just a progress report or totally a noise, because I
don't think everyone in this ML was at the session in UDS.
But if you are interested in the new version of AUFS, please try it and
let me know how do you think.
Some people might think AUFS is for LiveCD only. But I won't agree.
Actually several AUFS users told me that they are using it in various
fields such like management hundreds of machines.
Please try it.

J. R. Okajima