Old 01-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Timo Aaltonen

Default Please pull drm fixes for intel

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

> Hi
>
> The X-SWAT team would like to enable vblank for intel gfx, but it
> requires a few patches to drivers/gpu listed here (among other fixes intel
> thinks are worthy for .28):
>
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download/2008Q4-rc4/2008q4-kernel-against-2.6.28.patch

I've heard that these fix at least bug 305979, and possibly others:

Old 01-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Timo Aaltonen

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> The X-SWAT team would like to enable vblank for intel gfx, but it
>> requires a few patches to drivers/gpu listed here (among other fixes intel
>> thinks are worthy for .28):
>>
>> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download/2008Q4-rc4/2008q4-kernel-against-2.6.28.patch
>
> I've heard that these fix at least bug 305979, and possibly others:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/305979

we also need this, otherwise mesa fails to build:

dfef24592257805af0bee42dced099459c68a307 i915/drm: provide compat defines
for userspace for certain struct members.

it's basically holding back libdrm, xserver-xorg-video-intel and mesa, so
pretty please, include & release

Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Tim Gardner

Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The X-SWAT team would like to enable vblank for intel gfx, but it
>>> requires a few patches to drivers/gpu listed here (among other fixes intel
>>> thinks are worthy for .28):
>>>
>>> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download/2008Q4-rc4/2008q4-kernel-against-2.6.28.patch
>> I've heard that these fix at least bug 305979, and possibly others:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/305979
>
> we also need this, otherwise mesa fails to build:
>
> dfef24592257805af0bee42dced099459c68a307 i915/drm: provide compat defines
> for userspace for certain struct members.
>
> it's basically holding back libdrm, xserver-xorg-video-intel and mesa, so
> pretty please, include & release

applied - I'll get an upload going later today.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Timo Aaltonen

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Tim Gardner wrote:

> applied - I'll get an upload going later today.

sweet, thanks!