Old 01-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default LP#291878 -- fix HP Pavillion zv6000 volume

The volume keys on HP Pavillion zv6000s do not correctly produce key up
events leading to them autorepeating all the way to the end of the scale.
Following this email is a patch for this adding a quirk for the machine.
This patch has already been merge to mainline (2.6.29-rc1) has been tested
by the submitter to fix the issue on an Intrepid kernel.

The changes are tied to the DMI name of the machine and so the risks of
regression on other machines should be low. Proposing this for SRU to
Intrepid and for application to Jaunty.

-apw

Rikard Ljungstrand (1):
Input: atkbd - add keyboard quirk for HP Pavilion ZV6100 laptop

drivers/input/keyboard/atkbd.c | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Tim Gardner

Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> The volume keys on HP Pavillion zv6000s do not correctly produce key up
> events leading to them autorepeating all the way to the end of the scale.
> Following this email is a patch for this adding a quirk for the machine.
> This patch has already been merge to mainline (2.6.29-rc1) has been tested
> by the submitter to fix the issue on an Intrepid kernel.
>
> The changes are tied to the DMI name of the machine and so the risks of
> regression on other machines should be low. Proposing this for SRU to
> Intrepid and for application to Jaunty.
>
> -apw
>
> Rikard Ljungstrand (1):
> Input: atkbd - add keyboard quirk for HP Pavilion ZV6100 laptop
>
> drivers/input/keyboard/atkbd.c | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ACK

/rant

I've often wondered how these platform specific patches can scale. A
decade from now the kernel is going to have hundreds of patches like
this, unique to 1 platform that was sold for 6 months (the typical
laptop sales window). It must drive the embedded guys nuts 'cause all
this crap is carried along with typically no way to optionally not
compile it.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com