Old 01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Zack Gilburd

Default Virtual tree and NFS4 Client Capability

Greetings,

Currently the -virtual tree does not have the necessary config options
to allow NFS4 client mounts. There is a rather long-standing bug in
Launchpad (Opened in April 2008) regarding this issue:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-jeos/+bug/224138>.

It is worth noting that the latest (2.6.24-23 at the moment of
composition) kernel configuration has CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y but CONFIG_NFS_V4
is not set.

I am merely curious whether this is going to be fixed or not. It would
be nice to have NFS4 support 'out of the box' for JeOS.

Best regards,

Zack

Old 01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Tim Gardner

Zack Gilburd wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Currently the -virtual tree does not have the necessary config options
> to allow NFS4 client mounts. There is a rather long-standing bug in
> Launchpad (Opened in April 2008) regarding this issue:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-jeos/+bug/224138>.
>
> It is worth noting that the latest (2.6.24-23 at the moment of
> composition) kernel configuration has CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y but CONFIG_NFS_V4
> is not set.
>
> I am merely curious whether this is going to be fixed or not. It would
> be nice to have NFS4 support 'out of the box' for JeOS.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Zack

The kernel team didn't see this one because it wasn't assigned to the
correct package. Now in progress...

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/224138/comments/6

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com