-   -   Virtual tree and NFS4 Client Capability (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/226113-virtual-tree-nfs4-client-capability.html)

Zack Gilburd 01-11-2009 06:21 PM

Virtual tree and NFS4 Client Capability

Greetings,

Currently the -virtual tree does not have the necessary config options
to allow NFS4 client mounts. There is a rather long-standing bug in
Launchpad (Opened in April 2008) regarding this issue:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-jeos/+bug/224138>.

It is worth noting that the latest (2.6.24-23 at the moment of
composition) kernel configuration has CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y but CONFIG_NFS_V4
is not set.

I am merely curious whether this is going to be fixed or not. It would
be nice to have NFS4 support 'out of the box' for JeOS.

Best regards,

Zack

Tim Gardner 01-12-2009 01:26 PM

Zack Gilburd wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Currently the -virtual tree does not have the necessary config options
> to allow NFS4 client mounts. There is a rather long-standing bug in
> Launchpad (Opened in April 2008) regarding this issue:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-jeos/+bug/224138>.
>
> It is worth noting that the latest (2.6.24-23 at the moment of
> composition) kernel configuration has CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y but CONFIG_NFS_V4
> is not set.
>
> I am merely curious whether this is going to be fixed or not. It would
> be nice to have NFS4 support 'out of the box' for JeOS.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Zack

The kernel team didn't see this one because it wasn't assigned to the
correct package. Now in progress...

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/224138/comments/6

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com