Old 01-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Mario Limonciello

Default UBUNTU: update kernel bootloader recommends: to prefer grub

Perhaps it's
worthwhile to additionally have them conflict one another when being
installed on the same system then?

Andy Whitcroft wrote:

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 08:48:13AM -0700, Tim Gardner wrote:

I would expect the install script for the bootloader to install itself
over the MBR yes. So that the last one which was modified our end would
be the one used. It is definatly concerning to have more than one
installed.

-apw

--

Mario Limonciello

Dell | Linux
Engineering

mario_limonciello@dell.com

Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Tim Gardner

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Perhaps it's worthwhile to additionally have them conflict one another
> when being installed on the same system then?

There are good reasons to be able to have both packages installed. You
might want to install lilo on a device other then your root FS.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com