-   -   DRM / VIA_CHROME9 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/217549-drm-via_chrome9.html)

12-24-2008 01:44 AM

DRM / VIA_CHROME9

To whom it may concern:

*** The
following 3 patches are the DRM kernel module that supports VIA Chrome9 Graphic
module. They are based on the kernel 2.6.28-rc9 and has been submitted for
upstream. Please kindly help to integrate into Jaunty kernel.

*

Thanks and Best Regards

Bruce C. Chang

*

Tim Gardner 12-26-2008 04:07 PM

DRM / VIA_CHROME9

BruceChang@via.com.tw wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> The following 3 patches are the DRM kernel module that supports VIA
> Chrome9 Graphic module. They are based on the kernel 2.6.28-rc9 and has
> been submitted for upstream. Please kindly help to integrate into Jaunty
> kernel.
>

> Thanks and Best Regards
>
> Bruce C. Chang

Bruce - As Brian Wu pointed out in another email, all of the patches
that you sent are mangled. While you are reformatting the patches,
please relocate the driver so that it is under the ubuntu/via_chrome9
directory rather then drivers/gpu/drm/via_chrome9. That way I can keep
the core tree relatively clean with respect to the original 2.6.28
release. It also makes it much easier to tell what drivers the Ubuntu
kernel is carrying outside of the mainline kernel.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com