Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Andy Whitcroft

Default lp300803 -- export all of the kernel userspace headers

We have a request in bug #300803[1] to include the video/uvesafb.h header
files in our linux-libc-dev package. It seems that our package is meant
to contain all of the kernel userspace header files, which are generated
from the main header files. However when we build our packages we only
include the asm asm-common and linux headers; which used to be the only
contents. Since new ones have been added, and we have not tracked them in
this package. I have had a look at the Debian equivalent package which
does include all of the added headers.

Following this email is a patch to sort this out which changes the
packaging to include all headers as produced by the install_headers
target such that we track any further changes without intervention.
It also removes some build cruft which makes its way into the install
directories (an upstream bug).

This should probabally be applied to Intrepid as well as obviously being
targetted at Jaunty.

Comments?

-apw

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/300803

Andy Whitcroft (1):
UBUNTU: synchronise our linux-libc-dev with the kernel userspace
headers

debian/rules.d/2-binary-arch.mk | 8 ++++----