Old 12-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Alberto Milone

Default Problem with missing files in the kernel headers (2.6.28) in Jaunty

Hi all,

I have noticed that if I try to build the Nvidia driver in Jaunty with the
latest kernel, Nvidia's conftest.sh fails. After making this test more verbose
I found out that there can be something wrong with the headers.

Nvidia's conftest.sh tries to build a file (see the attached .c file) and
aborts the operation if this compilation test fails. In the attached make.log
you will see the compilation command which is used and the compilation errors.

Put simply it looks like some header files are included by a few files even
though they don't exist (e.g. asm/param.h is included in linux/sched.h).

Thanks in advance for your help (I hope to upload the new nvidia drivers
soon).

Regards,

Alberto (aka tseliot)