-   -   Big update to merge linux-2.6.24.7 ahead (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/196239-big-update-merge-linux-2-6-24-7-ahead.html)

Stefan Bader 11-19-2008 03:00 PM

Big update to merge linux-2.6.24.7 ahead

Hi all,

after changing our policy regarding -stable updates to our kernel tree, I took
the effort and merged all changes up to linux-2.6.24.7 which will add the
little number of around 122 changes. Not all will affect the majority of users
since this also includes patches to parisc or s390 but there are some changes
to the scheduler, mm and ip[46].
Beside of the fact that this should get some serious testing as soon as it hits
-proposed, I hope to get some help with sanity-reviews to some of the -rt
patches I had to modify.
The kernel tree can be found at:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=smb/ubuntu-hardy.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/stable

The last commit is the change of 28 patches in -rt to get it compiling, but I
would like to make sure it did not break something.

Any feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Stefan

--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!

"Alessio Igor Bogani" 11-19-2008 03:18 PM

Big update to merge linux-2.6.24.7 ahead

Hi,

2008/11/19 Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>:
[...]
> hits -proposed, I hope to get some help with sanity-reviews to some of the
> -rt patches I had to modify.

IMHO better thing should be update PREEMPT_RT patchset also (so we can
take advantage to keep those in sync).

If you let me a couple of days i'll can working on it.

Ciao,
Alessio