Old 11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default SRU LP#269831 switch toshiba support from tlsup to toshiba_acpi

During the release of Intrepid we moved from using the toshiba_acpi
driver to using the tlsup driver to support Toshiba laptops. This was
to try and leverage the builtin drivers. This triggered regressions
particularly in bluetooth support for that release. For now we should
switch back to the version used on Hardy.

Following this email are three patches which pull up the version of the
toshiba_acpi module from Hardy and switch us to using it in our builds.
The first represents the actual original driver as found in Hardy.
The second ports that module to 2.6.27. The last updates the kernel
configuration files and expected module lists to use the updated module.

I have built kernel images containing these patches and the bug reporter
has tested them and claims the problems fixed.

This is proposed for SRU to Intrepid.

-apw

Andy Whitcroft (3):
UBUNTU: SAUCE: update toshiba_acpi module to development snapshot 19a
UBUNTU: SAUCE: toshiba_acpi -- convert to modern seq_file proc
interfaces
UBUNTU: move toshiba laptops back from tlsup to toshiba_acpi

debian/abi/2.6.27-8.17/amd64/generic.modules | 2 +-
debian/abi/2.6.27-8.17/amd64/server.modules | 2 +-
debian/abi/2.6.27-8.17/i386/generic.modules | 2 +-
debian/abi/2.6.27-8.17/i386/server.modules | 2 +-
debian/config/amd64/config | 4 +-
debian/config/i386/config | 4 +-
drivers/acpi/toshiba_acpi.c | 210 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-