Old 11-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Stefan Bader

Default SRU request for iscsitarget

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iscsitarget/+bug/278625

SRU justification:

Impact: The current iscsi target code is missing some upstream changes. One of
them prevents stopping the target (see bug report), but there are some more

changes between the version in Intrepid and the current official version.

Fix: Downloaded the current version of iscscitarget from [1] and integrated
into Intrepid (this produces a very similar if not equal patch to the one
produced when comparing Hardy and Intrepid iscsitarget). Updated BOM accordingly.

Testcase: see bug report

[1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=108475

--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Tim Gardner

Stefan Bader wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iscsitarget/+bug/278625
>
> SRU justification:
>
> Impact: The current iscsi target code is missing some upstream changes.
> One of them prevents stopping the target (see bug report), but there are
> some more
> changes between the version in Intrepid and the current official version.
>
> Fix: Downloaded the current version of iscscitarget from [1] and
> integrated into Intrepid (this produces a very similar if not equal
> patch to the one produced when comparing Hardy and Intrepid
> iscsitarget). Updated BOM accordingly.
>
> Testcase: see bug report
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=108475

ACK - kind of makes me wonder how digest_data() ever worked when the S/G
array wasn't ever terminated. Perhaps having a zero length field was
sufficient.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com