-   -   vmware-server (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/12593-vmware-server.html)

Tim Gardner 12-05-2007 01:35 AM

vmware-server

Daniel Borrelly wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I'd like to know when you will make available the vmware-server kernel
> modules for the new updated Ubuntu 7.10 Kernel 2.6.22-14
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel

What are you missing? Vmware even provides an Ubuntu Gutsy (2.6.22)
image: http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/1068

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com

Patrice Vetsel 12-05-2007 11:22 AM

vmware-server

Le Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:35:24 -0700,
Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com> a écrit :

> Daniel Borrelly wrote:
> > Dear Sirs,
> >
> > I'd like to know when you will make available the vmware-server
> > kernel modules for the new updated Ubuntu 7.10 Kernel 2.6.22-14
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Daniel
> >

> What are you missing? Vmware even provides an Ubuntu Gutsy (2.6.22)

I suspect that, as for Feisty, Daniel stand for vmware-server packages
under ubuntu Gutsy repositories.

> image: http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/1068

--
Patrice Vetsel <ubuntu@kagou.fr>
Aka/Alias Kagou

Patrice Vetsel 12-05-2007 11:22 AM

vmware-server

Mario Limonciello 12-05-2007 07:14 PM

vmware-server

Tim Gardner wrote:

Daniel Borrelly wrote:

Dear Sirs,

I'd like to know when you will make available the vmware-server kernel
modules for the new updated Ubuntu 7.10 Kernel 2.6.22-14

Thank you,
Daniel

What are you missing? Vmware even provides an Ubuntu Gutsy (2.6.22)
image: http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/1068

Tim,

I believe he is meaning the vmware-server-kernel-modules package which
was never updated for Gutsy.* There was a package called
vmware-server-kernel-modules-2.6.20 I believe back during feisty, which
allowed you to install vmware-server from the commercial/partner repo
from Canonical.* Installing that and this package prevented the
necessity of building the kernel modules yourself.

If this sort of thing isn't going to continue for 2.6.22 or 2.6.24,
perhaps the better approach is to instead have whomever is in charge of
the vmware-server package depend upon dkms and use that for building
the modules.

Mario Limonciello
superm1@ubuntu.com