-   -   HVR950Q fixes (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/111963-hvr950q-fixes.html)

06-23-2008 03:57 PM

HVR950Q fixes

Please merge the patches in the following two bug reports into LUM:

HVR950Q channel scan takes a very long time to complete
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+
bug/241981
http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/au8522-prevent-false-positive-lock-status.pa
tch

HVR950Q takes too long to lock on the first tune
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+
bug/242169
http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/xc5000-firmware-loading-optimizations-lum.pa
tch

Regards,

Mike Krufky

Tim Gardner 06-23-2008 06:50 PM

HVR950Q fixes

mkrufky@linuxtv.org wrote:
> Please merge the patches in the following two bug reports into LUM:
>
> HVR950Q channel scan takes a very long time to complete
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+
> bug/241981
> http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/au8522-prevent-false-positive-lock-status.pa
> tch
>
> HVR950Q takes too long to lock on the first tune
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+
> bug/242169
> http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/xc5000-firmware-loading-optimizations-lum.pa
> tch
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Krufky

Mike - I've applied both patch sets. In the future I would prefer if
possible that you split patch sets such as
xc5000-firmware-loading-optimizations-lum.patch. The two commits in this
patchset are not interdependent.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com

06-23-2008 06:56 PM

HVR950Q fixes

Tim Gardner wrote:
> mkrufky@linuxtv.org wrote:
>
>> Please merge the patches in the following two bug reports into LUM:
>>
>> HVR950Q channel scan takes a very long time to complete

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+
>> bug/241981

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/au8522-prevent-false-positive-lock-status.pa
>> tch
>>
>> HVR950Q takes too long to lock on the first tune

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+
>> bug/242169

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/xc5000-firmware-loading-optimizations-lum.pa
>> tch
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike Krufky
>>

> Mike - I've applied both patch sets. In the future I would prefer if
> possible that you split patch sets such as
> xc5000-firmware-loading-optimizations-lum.patch. The two commits in this
> patchset are not interdependent.
>
> rtg

Tim,

Thanks for the merge.

I merged the two xc5000 patches together because the "module option"
patch depends on the "check device hardware state" patch -- Without the
"check device hardware state" patch, the firmware would be downloaded
again on the first tune, regardless of whether or not the firmware
download has already occurred, thus, rendering optimization provided by
the module option to be ineffective.

In the future, I'll just provide the separate patches, and I will
indicate any patch interdependencies.

Regards,

Mike Krufky