Old 06-20-2008, 03:00 PM

Default SMS1XXX driver for LUM

Please merge the following patch into LUM:

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/add-sms1xxx-to-lum.patch

I could not include it in this email due to its size.

The sms1xxx driver requires a firmware image. The details of having
Ubuntu ship this firmware is a work in progress.

I am working to have this new driver merged into 2.6.27

The netbook kernel has the patch already -- Mike Frey just pushed the
tree.

Regards,

Michael Krufky

Old 06-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Tim Gardner

mkrufky@linuxtv.org wrote:
> Please merge the following patch into LUM:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/add-sms1xxx-to-lum.patch
>
> I could not include it in this email due to its size.
>
> The sms1xxx driver requires a firmware image. The details of having
> Ubuntu ship this firmware is a work in progress.
>
> I am working to have this new driver merged into 2.6.27
>
> The netbook kernel has the patch already -- Mike Frey just pushed the
> tree.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Krufky

Can you provide a git URL to Mike's repo? Then I can just cherry-pick.
I'm not seeing much activity on kernel.ubuntu.com.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com

Old 06-20-2008, 04:17 PM

Tim Gardner wrote:
> mkrufky@linuxtv.org wrote:
>
>> Please merge the following patch into LUM:
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/add-sms1xxx-to-lum.patch
>>
>> I could not include it in this email due to its size.
>>
>> The sms1xxx driver requires a firmware image. The details of having
>> Ubuntu ship this firmware is a work in progress.
>>
>> I am working to have this new driver merged into 2.6.27
>>
>> The netbook kernel has the patch already -- Mike Frey just pushed the
>> tree.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael Krufky
>>

> Can you provide a git URL to Mike's repo? Then I can just cherry-pick.
> I'm not seeing much activity on kernel.ubuntu.com.

Michael,

I don't see the updated tree yet, either -- you told me that you've
pushed the tree, and I just figured that the mirrors didn't pick it up
yet, but it's been some time since then -- did you forget to actually
push it up?

-Mike Krufky

Old 06-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Michael Frey

It is pushed.

It is tagged Ubuntu-2.6.24-18.26netbook7

http://zinc.ubuntu.com/git?p=mid-team/hardy-lum-netbook.git;a=commit;h=8526c2a08c91d5c7bebae941950 5928a22a6c2cf

Michael

Old 06-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Tim Gardner

Michael Frey wrote:
> It is pushed.
>
> It is tagged Ubuntu-2.6.24-18.26netbook7
>
> http://zinc.ubuntu.com/git?p=mid-team/hardy-lum-netbook.git;a=commit;h=8526c2a08c91d5c7bebae941950 5928a22a6c2cf
>
> Michael
>

> mkrufky@linuxtv.org wrote:
>> Tim Gardner wrote:

>>> Can you provide a git URL to Mike's repo? Then I can just cherry-pick.
>>> I'm not seeing much activity on kernel.ubuntu.com.
>>>

>> Michael,
>>
>> I don't see the updated tree yet, either -- you told me that you've
>> pushed the tree, and I just figured that the mirrors didn't pick it up
>> yet, but it's been some time since then -- did you forget to actually
>> push it up?
>>
>> -Mike Krufky

I'm not finding anything in your hardy-lum-netbook tree that looks
anything like an SMS patch. Are you sure? the most recent activity in a
mid-team tree was 2 days ago.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com

Old 06-20-2008, 05:11 PM